5.31.2009

craft market

This is only ONE small section of the market. Its HUGE! Vendors of bags, paintings, wooden animals/figurines, jewelry, material, clothing... and I mustn't forget the bartering (the prices are always ridiculously high for Yovos -- us white people) :)


Our landrover broke down on the way... broken fan belt :)

I wouldn't make a very good African woman--I can't even balance an empty basket atop my head!! :)

This wall hanging was among my finds. I love it b/c it so accurately (& beautifully) represents the hard-working African woman--she is carrying her baby on her back, holding something in her arms, AND balancing a full basket or pot atop her head!! These women are incredible (& tough)!!

2 comments:

Abdillas said...

Ooh, beautiful!

simplykersh said...

so Tim, were you able to swap the belt out or did you push it?

That market looks like an adventure all in itself