6.03.2009

my little brown baby

One of the best things about the ward is that when Momma comes for surgery, her baby(s) comes too.  

And that means us nurses get to hold them!  

Yesterday was that kind of day for me.  My empty arms were soon full of beauty, sweetness, and cuteness wrapped around this little brown bundle.  

African children are simply one of God's most beautiful creations (in my humble opinion:) ) ... their deep chocolate brown eyes with their mocha to dark chocolate skin that is incredibly smooth. I mustn't forget their fuzzy hair too :) And this precious little boy's tiny bottom lip stuck out in the sweetest way. 

As I held him I told him about Mercy Ships and the healing work that God was doing right now in his Momma's life (she was in the OR having surgery). I told him all about Jesus and that someday I hoped he would come to know him in a real and personal way.  I know I spoke English; foreign words to him... 

He fell asleep in my arms. 

I was reluctant to hand him over an hour later, but my nursing duties were waiting.  

For privacy purposes, we don't take pictures on the wards. So, I thought I'd post a photo of one of the cleft-lip babies we did surgery earlier on. Look at those sweet eyes!! ... Beautiful, huh?!!

No comments: