2.21.2010

rise

I've been absent for the blog world for over a week now, not long, but long for me as I've been intentionally posting a few times a week to keep those at home abreast of our goings, as well as this blog a personal journal.

My absence is two-fold.

First, these first two weeks in Togo have been busy, more on that later. Second, my heart is mourning; Mourning a friend who is in the hospital fighting for his life. You see nothing has seemed appropriate to post in comparison. It feels meaningless when my friend is nearing death. I even struggled with posting the previous post of me and my husband in photos together on our travels when all I can think about is how his wife and three small children are clinging to what could be their last earthly moments together.

It simply sucks to be continents away when so much of me wants to be there.

Music has been my solace. I feel the most close to God when I'm worshipping Him through song. Always have. Time and time again, God whispers to my heart through music. And it cries back. In reference to my prior post, the song I will Rise has been my outlet. It is my heart's cry for my friend who, despite time and distance over the years, has been the closest I've ever had to an earthly brother. It speaks of words that distance prevents me from sharing in person. My prayer for him is that he will continue to rise above the sorrow and the pain, and hold on to Jesus. Because you see, if you knew my friend, you would come to know that his life here on earth, already rises to the One whom he has had complete faith and trust in over his days. To the One whom he has completely surrendered his life to, the One to whom he serves.

For many, its not until their death that their life is made known to others. It is not so with my friend. His life countlessly speaks of his God and who He is because that's the kind of man he is and how he lives his life. He is an example to so many. He is an example to me.

The victory is won.

Rise my friend, rise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life's toughest situation, Hannah. Here is a big hug from a nurse who also knows what it is like to say goodbye to someone so loved when there is nothing in our bag of tricks left except prayer - the most important trick of all. I am so sorry for all.

Thanks for sharing your sorrow,
Kathy

Unknown said...

I am praying for all...it is a beautiful song...brings much comfort!