2.28.2010

old testament gems & prayer


When I was looking for a verse to encourage my nurses on their first shift, I found this one:

Hezekiah trusted in the LORD, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him. He held fast to the LORD and did not cease to follow him; he kept the commands the LORD had given Moses. And the LORD was with him; he was successful in whatever he undertook. 2 Kings 18:5-7

So often I neglect the Old Testament. Instead I tend to read only the New Testament because "its easier to follow" or because "it has more practical application." I love it when God opens my eyes to the hidden gems of His Word :-)

I have so much yet to discover.

-----------------------------
One of my leadership responsibilities includes facilitating ward devotions each week. Being the first one of the outreach, I felt like the Lord was telling us to pray. God laid upon my heart to lead a Prayer Walk. So for our first devos, the nursing staff divided into groups of three and went to the different departments on the ship, asking what their needs and requests were, and then lifting them up in prayer right then and there. We covered the ship in prayer. It was such an incredible experience. I felt more part of the ship as a whole. The hospital couldn't run without the help of all the other departments and the IOC back home. We need each other.

The nurses enjoyed it so much, we decided we are going to do it once a month as our time of prayer.

No comments: