9.13.2009

favorite time of year


It is the beginning of Fall back home... my very favorite time of year! 

Aside from relationships back home, I miss the change in seasons the most here. There is no such thing as four seasons, just hot and more hot, mixed with "cooler temps" at times, and an occasional short rain :) This is our backyard at home this time of year--our renters sure have their work cut out! :)

Top 10 reasons why I love the Fall:                                                       

1. The change in leaves, so beautiful, the bright colors of red, orange, and yellow!
2. The crisp smell of fall in the air and the cool nights
3. The rain fall
4. Fires in the fireplace
5. Tis the season of cups o' tea and hot chocolate... and fun mornings out for coffee dates with my husband!
6. Pumpkin period!... pumpkin blizzards at DQ, pumpkin milkshakes & sweet potato fries at Burgerville with my twin, pumpkin crisp... oh, and the individually wrapped chewy caramels too! 
7. The occasional thunderstorm
8. Daylight savings,"fall back," and gaining an extra hour of sleep :)
9. My favorite holiday is this time of year--Thanksgiving!!
10. and, of course, our wedding anniversary this time of year... celebrating 5 years this month!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me Too. Fall gives me new energy.