9.16.2009

5 years...forever to go!!

Its hard to believe that its been five years already!!

I remember a conversation Tim and I had during our first months married. We were getting frustrated with the ups and downs that come with the huge learning curve in our relationship as we interweaved our lives in every way. I remember us both verbalizing our wonder in what it would be like in 3 years, how much deeper we would know each other... and, oh, to be married 5 years! We wondered what our marriage would look like after five years together!

And here it is! Here we are! We have gone through so much together and experienced much change in the last five, short years... job changes, buying our 1st house, three moves, a complete career change, and turning full speed into missions... on a ship... in Africa :) 

A lot can be said of that, but when it all comes down to it, I credit it to one thing: faithfulness. First, to God's insurmountable faithfulness to us both. He is our Constant. He abides. Amidst the change in the Seasons, He remains. I credit second to my husband, and his faithful love for me and our marriage. His selfless love challenges me every day.  Through these years, my love for him has grown stronger and my respect deeper than that Day when we became Us.

I have known no other happiness. 

Faithfully,
from (then) until forever,
I will love you.

No comments: