6.26.2009

solace

I read these words in Isaiah the other night and was encouraged by God's promise. We've had some tough weeks of staffing and high patient loads and acuity recently. So, I read these words again, only this time to the nurses under my charge this week. We may have some bad, rough, flat-out lousy days. But, God did not make a mistake in bringing any one of us here. He chose each of us. He chose me. Sometimes its draining; sometimes we feel inadequate; sometimes its frustrating... but when the day is over, I am standing because my God holds me high...

But you, O Israel my servant________, whom I have chosen. 
I took you from the ends of the earth,
 from its farthest corners I called you (to Benin, Africa).
I said "You are my servant."
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:8-10

No comments: