6.29.2009

I just recently read these two books. they are unlike any books i've ever read really. both are spiritual journeys written from the heart. no sheepskin. simply honest and real. i like that. i'm left pondering thoughts on life and spirituality that i haven't given much thought to before. i like that too. its challenged me and broadened my perspective. plus the author of Blue Like Jazz is from my hometown of Portland, Oregon and mentions places i am well familiar with. that's pretty cool. so, if you're looking for a good book...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Hannah and Tim,
My name is Kathy Poncy. I live in Bend, attend FBC and know John and Nancy. Years ago I served on the Anastasis as an RN in West Africa. Small world, huh?!

I love your blog and will be leaving responses as "Laffing Dawg". I too have a blogspot blog -
5catsandthetruth.

I am always looking for a good book so will read Blue Like Jazz. I have read Tuesdays with Morrie and was very touched by it.

Have a blessed day. I pray for you every day and have your blog on my blog list. My blog list is like my 2nd newspaper - read daily with pleasure.

Kathy
Bend, OR