5.25.2009

Happy Memorial Day!

LEST WE FORGET

These are not just numbers; they are Sons & Daughters, Fathers & Mothers, Brothers and Sisters, Friends & Comrades. Each number represents the Loss of a Life, a Dream, a Hope, and a Hero.

Afghanistan:
United States of America- 662, United Kingdom-148, Canada-112, Germany- 28, Spain- 25, France- 24, Denmark- 21, Netherlands- 18, Italy- 13, Australia- 8, Poland- 8, Romania- 8, Czech Republic- 3, Estonia- 3, Norway- 3, Portugal- 2, Sweden- 2, Hungary- 2, Finland- 1, Latvia- 1, Lithuania- 1, South Korea- 1.

Iraq:
United States of America- 4257, United Kingdom- 179, Italy- 33, Poland- 23, Ukraine- 18, Bulgaria- 13, Spain- 11, Denmark- 7, Georgia- 5, El Salvador- 5, Slovakia- 4, Romania- 3, Latvia- 3, Australia- 2, Netherlands-2, Estonia- 2, Thailand- 2, Kazakhstan- 1, Azerbaijan- 1, Czech Republic- 1, Fiji- 1,South Korea- 1, Hungary- 1

I Stand for You 
When terror grips you, and the fabric of civility tears, 
I stand for you.

On foreign soil, where peace is but a whispered hope, 
I stand for you.

As bullets fly like bees, and hateful bombs explode
Threatening to steal my sanity – 
I stand for you.

I carry broken bodies back to be mended, and No matter how hard I try – 
The tears fall like rain, and still through all the pain,
I stand for you.

That is until I fall, and I wonder, as I lay cold and Still...
Will you remember,
and stand for me?

"I disagree of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." 
- Voltaire(1694-1778)

No comments: