3.30.2009

My life is like a broken bowl,
A broken bowl that cannot hold
One drop of water for my soul
Or cordial in the searching cold;
Cast in the fire the perished thing,
Melt and remold it, till it be
A royal cup for Him my King: 
O Jesus, drink of me 

~Christina Rossetti

Most recently God has been personally revealing to me that my life, my experiences, what was and is, and what's to come has nothing to do with me. In fact, its never been about me.  It comes down to Jesus. Straight up. My life--past, present, and future--all of it, that He may be glorified.  Rossetti's verses speak my heart's prayer of late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, I have recently become aware of the very same reality. I was asked to give a talk to a Moments for Moms group, a group of mothers of young children, at a church. The topic was Contentment. Many of the ladies said that the appreciated what I had to say, but I think the Lord used the time I spent in preparation for this topic, to teach me, more than anyone else. And, that was the overwhelming message I just couldn't ignore: it is not about me or my comforts at all, it is all about HIM and bringing glory to HIM in all that I do. AMEN!
Love,
Heather Clinesmith