8.25.2011

sweetly broken


... And my SOUL SINGS!

Total surrender.

Its a daily choice in every season. But why is it, that its so much harder to surrender during the times you need to the most? The times when we hold on so tight?

As I walk the desert, I have found some solace in a certain song. Three songs in particular.

They echo my heart's cry.

And I pray they encourage you as they have me... (But first, pause the music at the sidebar on the right to enjoy these songs).

If you don't want to listen to all three, listen to the last one, Savior King (my fave) :)






My portion is HIM. And I am MORE THAN blessed!!

I especially love these words from Savior King:

We love you Lord, we worship you
You are our God, you alone are good

I love you Lord, I worship you
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king

Oh Lord, here am I, all of me; take my life, its all for Thee.

I holy surrender.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Nicely written post! I love the way songs can speak for us and to us and these three are great. I cry almost every time I sing Savior King... love music and and the ability it gives us to express ourselves when we can't seem to find the words ourselves, or when we're too tired and worn down to find the words. There's nothing quite like letting the melody sweep us into God's presence and letting the words pour from our heart.