9.22.2010

life at 'the bosch'


Tomorrow we'll have been here three weeks. I love it here. I'm pretty sure we are country kids at heart. :)

These six weeks here brings a new season; a time of rest and renewal of the spirit. The change in pace and job responsibility, coupled with our surroundings, has created a quiet haven for me. I have time to seek the Lord more earnestly and simply be still.

We are reveling in the small blessings He has given us here. Its the little things. Oh how they make such a difference... like fresh milk in cereal and tea, and not only fruit at meals but in such variety! I am energized by a good run in the mornings and waking up by the sun streaming into our room with the chirps of the birds singing, rather than the alarm (yes, its true).

I love the fact that the evenings are cool enough for the need of a sweater and bundling into the covers. Its an even simpler lifestyle from the ship in a way. Its hard to believe, I know. :) Its different in every way, yet still the same. We are who we are; we are a community.


Our days are slower, but full. Tim always seems to stay busy; it seems to come with the territory. :) In fact his responsibilities have been more demanding these last few weeks, as it is a new system here and every department is having to adapt and make adjustments.

As for me, to my surprise, I am enjoying the new job of writing policies and procedures. It is a collaborative effort and we are having fun together. Plus, I am gaining some experience in the world wide realm of nursing administration. :)

We have especially enjoyed the weekends here. We are taking advantage of the outdoors and trying to make the most out of our short time here. A couple weekends ago we drove an hour away to Albert Falls. The scenic drive and the fresh air of the outdoors alone would have made the trip worthwhile. The highlight, however, was the wild life all nature-al. We saw ZEBRAS! If that was all we saw, this heart would have been happy. :)















4 comments:

mom said...

How beautiful---zebras have always been my favorite Zoo animal, and now you have seen them in their own habitat. How wonderful, MOM

Robyn said...

Zebras? That's way too cool! I love these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, t and h. I love your blog and sometimes come back in just for the song.
God Bless,
Kathy in Bend

abdillas said...

I especially like the last pic!