6.18.2010

from ashes to beauty





I find it difficult to put into words what it is like to care for these ladies; Women who have suffered for many years with a fistula(s). They have experienced the worst of humanity... beaten, rejected, isolated, abandoned, ridiculed... stillbirth.  I've listened to many a story. Heart-wrenching. Sorrow is all too familiar. Yet, their inner strength is admirable. They still choose life. Hope. 

Its hard to express the deep joy. Or the intense sorrow. Because there is no in-between. For some its a happy ending. For others the ashes still remain. They continue to cling. Like yesterday we celebrated the healing of five women. Yet just two days before, we sent two home. Inoperable. The tears were flowing. 

I love it. And I hate it. I have to rely on the truth that the God who created each of these ladies makes no mistakes. His will is perfect. He is in the pain as much as He is in the joy.  

Like these amazing and beautiful women, I will praise Him in the ashes. I will praise Him in the beauty.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Beautiful post...gorgeous women. Love the words and the photos to go with it. Thanks for sharing.