4.30.2010

still


I am staring at the computer searching for the words. This is never an easy post to write.

Baby Obre breathed his last today on my watch.

He had been struggling off and on over the last few weeks, unable to keep is O2 sats up without oxygen. Because of the extra demands on his body, he developed congestive heart failure and, most recently, pneumonia from aspiration.

His heart could take it no longer.

I ask for your prayers. Please pray for his mama who is traveling back home with empty arms and an aching heart as I write this.

I find comfort and peace in knowing that it really is for the best. The decision was made yesterday that extreme measures were not appropriate. He was not in any shape to return home to his village.

Baby Obre was, however, more than ready to return Home to Jesus.

I bet those angels up there are eating up your sweet feet, little one... And that makes me smile!

Photo above of co-worker and friend, Jen, with baby Obre

No comments: