5.18.2009

chinese, ice cream, & fabric

Our Gateway friends (classmates in our Texas training) went out for Chinese food together Friday evening to celebrate a birthday. Chinese in Africa... it seriously was the best Chinese food I've eaten! Or maybe cuz we hadn't eaten Chinese food since we left :)

We ended the evening sharing a banana split at an ice cream parlor! The first "real" ice cream since arriving to Africa! (Do you like the hand sanitizer in the pic, we don't go anywhere without it :) )

Saturday, I went fabric shopping with plans to have an African dress & couple skirts made! I can't wait to see how they turn out!! I'll post pics with the final products :) It was full of so many colorful & beautiful fabrics. It was difficult to choose. I guess I'll just have to come back :)

And, of course there is the famous Fan Milk here--frozen yogurt out of plastic (like go-gurts in the states). It is delicious and refreshing under the hot sun! Check out the ice cream man on his bike. Pretty cool. (I'm behind the camera:) )

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Dude, your guys' life sounds horrible. Just really, really unfortunate. And by horrible and unfortunate, I mean awesome.

Allison said...

It was such a great weekend and time to spend with y'all eating out and shopping! :)

Abdillas said...

Love the pics. Can't wait to see the African dresses on you!