4.22.2009

spring fever

Here in west africa, the sun shines every day!! Its summer year-around. I love how the sun shines through our one little window and brightens up the whole cabin. But, at times I long for the changing of the seasons. And this is one of those times. I'm missing the Spring back home...

... the freshness and smell in the air after a good ol' Portland rain shower
... breezy evening walks
... new life everywhere
... spring flowers outside & in :)
... and, oh, the COLOR!!
... working out in the yard
... picking and eating fresh veggies from our garden
... the smell of fresh grass
... the simple pleasure in walking barefoot & feeling the grass between my toes
... birds chirping their melodies
... picking spring berries
... all the shades of GREEN!

I think I'm suffering from a bad case of Spring fever!! :)

(All pics are from our yard & garden back home. I musn't forget our neighborhood peacock :) )

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful pictures of back "home" : ) Praying God gives you a SPRING of your own!

Abdillas said...

There so much you learn to appreciate when you are living in a foreign country, no? Before you no it, you will be back experiencing spring here and longing for Africa...