8.13.2008

berry sweet :)



We have blackberries in our backyard!! They have really only showed up this year...they are growing from the open field behind our backyard--up and over the fence! I was so excited when I discovered them. I love berries, and blackberries are among my favorite. We also enjoy berry picking each summer, so it was pretty convenient this year :) Some of my fondest childhood memories are berry picking with my dad and sisters. I do, realize, though that blackberries have a tendency to "take over." So, perhaps when we come back in a couple of years I won't be so pleased to find them...everywhere! :) But for now, we're enjoying them...last night I picked the berries and made fresh blackberry cobbler for the first time, served beneath a scoop of vanilla icecream. And this morning we enjoyed our oatmeal topped with berries! Yum!!

-h

2 comments:

Crystal said...

YUMMY!!! We had huge clumps of blackberry bushes in Missouri. We loved picking them and eating them. I love blackberry pie and cool whip, but that cobbler and ice cream sounds divine!! Love you- So, when are you coming to Michigan again. Oh, I guess it is slightly out of the way. I wish we were on the way to TX though : )

Abdillas said...

Oooh Yumm!!!